Mid Year ‘State of the PTA’…
As we enter into the holiday season, the Oradell PTA would like to take this opportunity to reflect on all that we have accomplished thus far.
In just a few short months, our accomplishments are great. We pride ourselves on being an active part of the OPS community, working to enrich the educational and social experiences of our students. We also actively work to provide services to help make the lives of the OPS parent easier. Through the efforts of our committees, we have begun to accomplish those goals.
Here is a snapshot of what we have done since September:
- Hosted an entertaining BMX Bike assembly to promote an anti-bullying message to our students.
- Captured our students looking their best for their class photos.
- Hosted a fun, successful Harlem Wizards event in conjunction with the Oradell Rotary.
- Held an educational and entertaining mock election between Franklin P. Foxton & Walter Wolf.
- Collected almost 9,000 items of food for The Center for Food Action during our first ever OPS Turkey Trot!
- Hosted 3 after school book clubs.
- Served 1,408 bagel lunches; 3,075 slices of pizza; 1,308 ice creams.
In the upcoming weeks, we will host our Holiday Boutique, Guest Authors will visit, students will receive a free book thanks to our Reading Is Fundamental Committee, plus much more!
On behalf of the Oradell PTA, I wish you all a very happy and healthy holiday season. May it be filled with family, friends, love, and laughter.